- Armament and disarmament
- Conflict, peace and security
- Peace and development
This policy paper is the first in a series of SIPRI publications that looks at the participation of women in multilateral peace operations based on new gender-disaggregated data from SIPRI’s Multilateral Peace Operations Database. It describes the key trends related to the participation of women in UN peace operations, European Union Common Security and Defence Policy missions and operations, and Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe field operations in the 10-year period 2008–17. The paper also takes stock of the quality and availability of the data that the secretariats of these organizations produce and distribute, and it concludes by making concrete recommendations on how they can improve.
2. United Nations peace operations
3. European Union missions and operations
4. Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe field operations
5. Conclusions and recommendations