As part of a mandate to remain relevant on global issues, with the aim of contributing to an understanding of the conditions for peaceful solutions of international conflicts and for a stable peace, SIPRI is proud to extend its network of Distinguished Associate Fellows. These are individuals who are world-leading experts in the field of peace and security, possessing a wealth of experience from working within the international peace-building architecture.
SIPRI is proud to count the following as Distinguished Associate Fellows:
- Dr Hans Blix - Former head of the International Atomic Energy Agency and former Chairperson of the SIPRI Governing Board.
- Dr Tarja Cronberg - Former Chair of the European Parliament´s delegation for relations with Iran.
- Ambassador Jayantha Dhanapala - Former UN Under-Secretary-General for Disarmament Affairs and former Vice Chair of the SIPRI Governing Board.
- Ambassador Rolf Ekéus - Former Director of the United Nations Special Commission on Iraq, the United Nations disarmament observers in Iraq after the Gulf War and former Chairperson of the SIPRI Governing Board.
- Robert Kelley - Former Director of the United States Department of Energy Remote Sensing Laboratory, the premier US nuclear emergency response organization.
- Göran Lennmarker - Former President of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) Parliamentary Assembly and former Chairperson of the SIPRI Governing Board.
- Dr Lars-Erik Lundin - Former Deputy Political Director of the European Commission.
- Ambassador Michael Sahlin - Founder and first Director General of the Folke Bernadotte Academy.