SIPRI Yearbook 1999
The Yearbook is SIPRI's annual compendium of data and analysis of developments in security and conflicts, military spending and armaments and non-proliferation, arms control and disarmament.
These pages contain summaries of the Yearbook's chapters, appendices and annexes and details of translations into Chinese and Russian.
About SIPRI Yearbook 1999
The 30th edition of the SIPRI Yearbook analyses developments in 1998 in
- Security and conflicts
- Military spending and armaments
- Non-proliferation, arms control and disarmament
with annexes on arms control and disarmament agreements and a chronology of security- and arms control-related events.
Download the press release from the launch on 16 June 1999.
Part I. Security and conflicts, 1998
1. Major armed conflicts
2. Armed conflict prevention, management and resolution
3. The Middle East
4. Russia: military reform
5. The Caspian Sea Basin: the security dimension
6. Europe: the institutionalized security process
Part II. Military spending and armaments, 1998
Part III. Non-proliferation, arms control and disarmament, 1998
12. Nuclear arms control and non-proliferation
13. Chemical and biological weapon developments and arms control
14. Conventional arms control
15. Non-cooperative responses to proliferation: multilateral dimensions