SIPRI Yearbook 1996
The Yearbook is SIPRI's annual compendium of data and analysis of developments in security and conflicts, military spending and armaments and non-proliferation, arms control and disarmament.
These pages contain summaries of the Yearbook's chapters, appendices and annexes.
About SIPRI Yearbook 1996
The 27th edition of the SIPRI Yearbook analyses developments in 1995 in
- Security and conflicts
- Military spending and armaments
- Non-proliferation, arms control and disarmament
with annexes on arms control and disarmament agreements and a chronology of security- and arms control-related events.
Download the press release from the launch on 13 June 1996.
Part I. Global and regional security and conflicts, 1995
1. Major armed conflicts
2. Armed conflict prevention, management and resolution
3. The divided nations of China and Korea: discord and dialogue
4. The Middle East peace process
5. The former Yugoslavia: the war and the peace process
6. Conflicts in and around Russia
7. Europe: towards new security arrangements
Part II. Military expenditure, R&D, arms production and trade, 1995
Part III. Non-proliferation, arms control and disarmament, 1995
12. Multilateral military-related export control measures
13. The nuclear non-proliferation regime after the NPT Review and Extension Conference
14. Nuclear arms control
15. Chemical and biological weapon developments and arms control
16. Conventional arms control and security cooperation in Europe
17. Land-mines and blinding laser weapons: the Inhumane Weapons Convention Review Conference