SIPRI Yearbook 1998
The Yearbook is SIPRI's annual compendium of data and analysis of developments in security and conflicts, military spending and armaments and non-proliferation, arms control and disarmament.
These pages contain summaries of the Yearbook's chapters, appendices and annexes and details of the translation into Russian.
About SIPRI Yearbook 1998
The 29th edition of the SIPRI Yearbook analyses developments in 1997 in
- Security and conflicts
- Military spending and armaments
- Non-proliferation, arms control and disarmament
with annexes on arms control and disarmament agreements and a chronology of security- and arms control-related events.
Download the press release from the launch on 10 June 1998.
Part I. Security and conflicts, 1997
1. Major armed conflicts
2. Armed conflict prevention, management and resolution
3. The Middle East peace process
4. Russia: conflicts and peaceful settlement of disputes
5. Europe: the transition to inclusive security
Part II. Military spending and armaments, 1997
Part III. Non-proliferation, arms control and disarmament, 1997
9. Multilateral security-related export controls
10. Nuclear arms control
11. Chemical and biological weapon developments and arms control
12. Conventional arms control
13. The ban on anti-personnel mines