SIPRI Yearbook 1997
The Yearbook is SIPRI's annual compendium of data and analysis of developments in security and conflicts, military spending and armaments and non-proliferation, arms control and disarmament.
These pages contain summaries of the Yearbook's chapters, appendices.
About SIPRI Yearbook 1997
The 28th edition of the SIPRI Yearbook analyses developments in 1996 in
- Security and conflicts
- Military spending and armaments
- Non-proliferation, arms control and disarmament
with annexes on arms control and disarmament agreements and a chronology of security- and arms control-related events.
Download the press release from the launch on 26 June 1997.
Part I. Security and conflicts, 1996
1. Major armed conflicts
2. Armed conflict prevention, management and resolution
3. The Middle East peace process
4. Russia: conflicts and its security environment
5. Europe: in search of cooperative security
Part II. Military spending and armaments, 1996
Part III. Non-proliferation, arms control and disarmament, 1996
10. Multilateral military-related export control measures
11. Nuclear arms control
12. The Comprehensive Test-Ban Treaty
13. Chemical and biological weapon developments and arms control
14. Conventional arms control