SIPRI Yearbook 1995
The Yearbook is SIPRI's annual compendium of data and analysis of developments in security and conflicts, military spending and armaments and non-proliferation, arms control and disarmament.
These pages contain summaries of the Yearbook's chapters, appendices and annexes.
About SIPRI Yearbook 1995
The 26th edition of the SIPRI Yearbook analyses developments in 1994 in
- Security and conflicts
- Military spending and armaments
- Non-proliferation, arms control and disarmament
with annexes on arms control and disarmament agreements and a chronology of security- and arms control-related events.
Part I. Global and regional security and conflicts, 1994
1. Major armed conflicts
2. Armed conflict prevention, management and resolution
3. South Africa: from apartheid to multi-party democracy
4. Central America: a firm and lasting peace?
5. The Middle East: continuation of the peace process
6. The former Yugoslavia: lessons of war and diplomacy
7. Russia and its neighbourhood: conflict developments and settlement efforts
8. Europe: the multilateral security process
Part II. Weapons and technology proliferation, 1994
Part III. Military expenditure, arms production and trade, 1994
Part IV. Arms control and disarmament, 1994
15. Multilateral weapon-related export control measures
16.Nuclear arms control
17. The ABM Treaty and theatre ballistic missile defence
18. The Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban
19. Chemical and biological arms control
20. Conventional arms control and security dialogue in Europe
21. Inhumane conventional weapons: efforts to strengthen the constraints