Dr Ian Anthony
Citizenship: United Kingdom
Position at SIPRI: SIPRI European Security Programme Director
Regional expertise: Europe
Languages: English, Swedish
Contact: Email; Phone: + 46 76 6286137
Dr Ian Anthony is Director of SIPRI's new European Security Programme. He has published numerous books on issues related to arms control, disarmament and export control.
- The role of nuclear weapons in NATO
- Russia and next steps in nuclear arms control
- European and Chinese perspectives on nuclear security
- European Union approaches to non-proliferation and threat reduction
- Director, SIPRI Arms Control and Non-proliferation Programme
- Project Leader, European Arms Export Control Project, 1998–2003
- Project Leader, SIPRI Arms Transfer Project, 1993–98
- Anthony, I and Grip, L., Africa and the Global Market in Natural Uranium: From Proliferation Risk to Non-proliferation Opportunity, SIPRI Policy Paper no. 39, Nov. 2013.
- Anthony, I. and Jansson, J., The Future of Nuclear Weapons in NATO (Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung: Stockholm, Apr. 2010).
- Anthony, I., Alström, C. and Fedchenko, V., Reforming Nuclear Export Controls: The Future of the Nuclear Suppliers Group, SIPRI Research Report No. 22 (Oxford University Press: Oxford, 2007).