SIPRI Yearbook 2010
‘The 12 chapters of SIPRI Yearbook 2010 and their accompanying appendices and documentation provide the single most comprehensive and in-depth assessment of developments in international security, armaments and disarmament over the past year’
From the Introduction by SIPRI Director Dr Bates Gill
SIPRI Yearbook 2010 is a compendium of data and analysis in the areas of
- Security and conflicts
- Military spending and armaments
- Non-proliferation, arms control and disarmament
These pages contains summaries and samples of the Yearbook's contents. For the first time, the full text of the SIPRI Yearbook is now available online. Visit www.sipriyearbook.org for full details of how to order the online and printed editions.
About SIPRI Yearbook 2010
With a focus on the conflict in Afghanistan, the impact of the global financial crisis and nuclear disarmament, the 41st edition of the SIPRI Yearbook includes coverage of developments in 2009 in
- Major armed conflicts
- Multilateral peace operations
- Military expenditure
- Arms production
- International arms transfers
- World nuclear forces, stocks of fissile materials and nuclear explosions
- Nuclear arms control and non-proliferation
- Reducing security threats from chemical and biological materials
- Conventional arms control
- Controls on security-related international transfers
- Multilateral arms embargoes
as well as special studies on
- A world without nuclear weapons
- Armed conflict, crime and criminal violence
- Civilian actors in peace operations
- Euro-Atlantic security and institutions
and extensive annexes on
The findings of SIPRI Yearbook 2010 were launched on 2 June 2010.
Read the press release.
Order SIPRI Yearbook 2010
Published in July 2010 by Oxford University Press on behalf of Stockholm International Peace Research Institute
hardback 580 pp.
Subscribe to SIPRI Yearbook Online and gain access to the full text of this edition of the SIPRI Yearbook.
Alternatively, if you have a token from your copy of the print edition you can redeem it online.
The summary text of these pages can also be downloaded as a PDF file.