Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) seeks an intern to join its outreach team.
Established in 1966, SIPRI is consistently ranked as one of the world's top think tanks. The institute is dedicated to independent research into peace, conflict and security and is known worldwide for its flagship publication, the SIPRI Yearbook, and its databases. You join a small but dedicated communications and editorial team.
The successful applicant will work with all aspects of communication as a fully integrated member of the SIPRI outreach team. A focus area will be assisting with the production and evaluation of content across SIPRI’s digital platforms. Much of this work is integrated with the Editorial and Publications Department and the intern will also support a range of editorial-related tasks.
During the period of the internship, SIPRI will convene the Stockholm Security Conference, host prominent visits, organize partner events and launch numerous publications.
As a candidate, ideally:
- you have a background in or are studying communications;
- you have a strong interest in communications, editorial and outreach activities;
- you are organized, reliable, independent, enthusiastic and willing to take the initiative
- you have an excellent command of spoken and written English, Swedish is an advantage
- you are familiar with the Adobe Illustrator and InDesign
- you have an interest in international relations and security issues
SIPRI cannot pay for housing, travel or any other expenses and does not pay interns a salary. Applicants should indicate in their applications that they can provide their own funding to cover all their costs in Sweden. However, we can offer a highly stimulating working environment and a truly international experience with relevant topics and advanced communication activities.
To apply, please send an email with your cover letter and CV before 6 August 2018 to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Starting time: According to agreement but ideally 1 September 2018, and for a period of 4 months.