The Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) seeks an intern to join its communications team.
SIPRI is an independent international institute whose core mission is to undertake research and activities on security, conflict and peace. Established in 1966, SIPRI provides data, analysis and recommendations, based on open sources, to policymakers, researchers, media and the interested public. SIPRI provides excellent opportunities for scientific and personal development. SIPRI is an equal opportunity employer.
The successful applicant will work with many aspects of communication as a fully integrated member of the SIPRI outreach team. A focus during the internship will be to assist with the organization of events and major conferences. The intern will also support a wide range of website and media-related tasks as well as general communications work as needed.
During the period of the internship, SIPRI will convene the 2019 Stockholm Security Conference, host prominent visits, organize partner events and launch various publications.
The successful candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- a background in or is currently studying Communications or Event Management;
- possess a strong interest in communications and outreach activities;
- is reliable, independent, enthusiastic, pays close attention to detail and will take initiative;
- an excellent command of spoken and written English (Swedish will be considered an asset);
- an interest in International Relations and security issues.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit:
- A one-page cover letter, in English, detailing your qualifications and interests in the subject area;
- A full resume/curriculum vitae in English with information about your educational background, relevant experience and skills.
The application should be sent via email to: email@example.com
The start date will be negotiated individually but ideally it will start from 1 September 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter. The appointment will be for a period of four months.
The initial closing date for applications is 11 August 2019.
SIPRI is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture.
Please note that SIPRI cannot pay for housing, travel or any other expenses and does not pay interns a salary. Applicants should indicate in their applications that they can provide their own funding to cover all their costs in Sweden. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.