The Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) is an independent international institute whose core mission is to undertake research and activities on security, conflict and peace. Established in 1966, SIPRI provides data, analysis and recommendations, based on open sources, to policymakers, researchers, media and the interested public. SIPRI provides excellent opportunities for scientific and personal development. SIPRI is an equal opportunity employer.
SIPRI is seeking a Financial Coordinator/Controller for our Operations Department. The Financial Coordinator/Controller will coordinate the financial and administrative work for EU and other projects where SIPRI is the leading partner and ensure top quality in the reporting to the donor. The Financial Coordinator/Controller ensures that the laws, regulations and contract requirements related to the financial reporting are respected. The Financial Coordinator/Controller will monitor the overall budget and verify and consolidate all financial reports from the partners.
The Financial Coordinator/Controller will work closely together with the Researchers leading the projects and report to the Head of Operations. The main responsibilities of this position are the following:
- Coordinate the financial and logistical administration of the projects assigned; today these are primarily EU-financed Consortium projects;
- Work effectively across multiple projects, budgets and timelines, coordinating with relevant finance and research staff;
- Be the main point of contact on financial and contractual issues with the donor;
- Be responsible for collecting and compiling all financial reports in a timely manner and ensure that the requirements regarding the financial and administrative obligations according to the contracts are met by all project participants.
The successful candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- A university degree in disciplines and topics relevant to this post and/or at least 5 years experience in Finance, most likely in a position as Financial Coordinator or Grants Manager in an international environment;
- Experience in project administration, budgeting and financial reporting, especially within EU-financed projects;
- Experience of control systems in a not-for-profit environment
- Fluency, both spoken and written, in English;
- A good knowledge of Swedish accounting regulations;
- Proven ability to communicate and work with diverse teams;
- Excellent skills in Excel; and
- Attention to detail.
Starting from 1 March 2018, or as soon as possible thereafter. The appointment will be permanent with a probation period of 6 months. The salary package will be negotiated individually.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a one-page letter in English, detailing your qualifications and interests, and a full CV in English with information about your educational background, relevant experience and skills. Applications should be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state ‘Financial Coordinator/Controller’ as a reference in the subject line of your email with the application materials.
The initial closing date for applications is 26 January 2018.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For enquiries regarding the vacant position, contact SIPRI Head of Operations, Maria Kaemmerle, email@example.com.