Citizenship: Kyrgyz Republic
Position at SIPRI:Research Assistant
Subject expertise: International and regional security; regional security organizations (esp. in post-Soviet space)
Regional expertise: Central Asia, Russia, post-Soviet space
Languages: Russian, English
Education: MAS in International and European Security, European Institute, University of Geneva/ Geneva Centre for Security Policy, Geneva, Switzerland
MA in Political Science, OSCE Academy, Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
Contact: Email Phone: +46 8 655 97 73
Ekaterina Klimenko has joined SIPRI as a Research Assistant for the Managing competition and promoting cooperation in the Arctic Project with the Armed Conflict and Conflict Management Programme. Within this framework, she is conducting the Research on Russian policies in the Arctic Region. Ekaterina is a recent graduate from the University of Geneva, where she submitted a research thesis “Central Asia as A Regional Security Complex.” Ekaterina has previously worked as a Research and Training Assistant in the OSCE Academy in Bishkek and has been an Intern at the OSCE Secretariat.
- Research Assistant, Armed Conflict and Conflict Management Programme, Arctic Futures Project
- Training and Research Assistant, OSCE Academy, Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic, September, 2010
- Intern, OSCE Secretariat, Vienna, Austria, May-July, 2010
- Assistant to the Head of the Secretariat, Secretariat of the Investment Council under the President of the Kyrgyz Republic, Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic, 2008-2009
- E. Klimenko, “The 3rd GCSP-OSCE Academy-NUPI-NESA Seminar Central Asia 2010,” GCSP Geneva Papers — Conference Series n° 19, 2010. Download the paper here.