SIPRI in the media
A monthly selection of news articles, commentaries, podcasts and interviews featuring SIPRI experts.
- SIPRI Associate Senior Research Fellow Robert Kelley was quoted in an article on the IAEA's final report on the Iran nuclear programme.
SIPRI Senior Researcher Pieter Wezeman commented to NRC on Dutch arms exports to the Middle East.
- SIPRI Researcher Richard Ghiasy published an op-ed with the Nikkei Asian Review on the private sector in Afghanistan.
- SIPRI Senior Researcher Neil Melvin discussed recent developments in the Caucasus in a piece by the Russian International Affairs Council.
SIPRI Senior Researcher Siemon Wezeman commented to Bloomberg on Indian arms purchases.
SIPRI Director Dan Smith spoke to ViceNews about German arms exports and refugees.
- SIPRI Director Dan Smith spoke to, among others, the Norwegian news agency NRK in connection to the announcement of the Nobel Peace Prize. SIPRI Deputy Director Jakob Hallgren spoke to the Swedish news agency TT on the same topic.
- Dan Smith also gave an interview with Reuters on the potential link between conflict and climate change. The interview was picked up by Euronews and TeleSur among others. Swedish Radio also covered the story.
- SIPRI Researcher Richard Ghiasy spoke to the Financial Times on the recent developments in Kundus, Afghanistan.
- SIPRI Senior Researcher Pieter Wezeman commented to The Express Tribune on China’s role in helping Pakistan to acquire armed drones.
- SIPRI Programme Director Tariq Rauf published an article on the International Atomic Energy Agency’s Nuclear Fuel Bank with the Arms Control Association. He also gave an interview with Kazakh television on the same issue.
- SIPRI Researcher Ekaterina Klimenko published an opinion article on Russia’s military build-up in the Arctic with the World Policy blog.