SIPRI in the media
A monthly selection of news articles, commentaries, podcasts and interviews featuring SIPRI experts.
Neil Melvin comments on a scenario of a Russian intervention in the Baltics to Deutsche Welle.
- Aude Fleurant spoke to Pressenza Agency on the militarization of Europe.
- Pieter Wezeman spoke to International Business Times on US military relations with Saudi Arabia. He also discussed the potential gains for private defence contractors resulting from the European migrant crisis with Fortune magazine.
- Mathieu Duchâtel, Siemon Wezeman and Sam Perlo-Freeman commented on China’s military parade to a number of publications, including Le Monde, the BBC, and the German paper BILD, the Asialyst, Deutsche Welle and to the Swedish Television station SVT.
- Mathieu Duchâtel also addressed the Islamic State’s kidnapping of a Chinese national with the Financial Times and the Sydney Morning Herald.
- Tariq Rauf commented on the Iran inspections at Parchin for CNN. He also addressed the US nuclear budget with Al Jazeera and discussed the vulnerability of the world’s nuclear facilities to cyber attack with Inter Press Service.
- Pieter Wezeman commented on arms supplies to Nigeria for Radio France International. He also discussed Iran's plans to buy Russian missiles with Reuters.
- Shannon Kile was quoted in Svenska Dagbladet on world nuclear forces 70 years after Hiroshima.