SIPRI in the media
A monthly selection of news articles, commentaries, podcasts and interviews featuring SIPRI experts.
- Shannon Kile commented on the most recent nuclear deal with Iran for IPS news agency.
- Mathieu Duchâtel was quoted in a Financial Times article on Chinese private security firms, and in a Washington Post article about United States warplanes flying through China's new air defence zone.
- Sibylle Bauer was quoted in a Sontags Zeitung article about Swiss arms exports.
- Siemon Wezeman was quoted in a Bloomberg article on US arms exports.
- SIPRI Associated Senior Research Fellow Robert Kelley was quoted in a Bloomberg article on the diplomatic impasse over Iran's Arak heavy-water reactor. He also addressed the most recent developments between Iran and the International Atomic Energy Agency in The Real News.
- Pieter Wezeman gave an interview to Chinese weekly newspaper Southern Weekend on China's arms exports. He also commented on arms flows in Africa to the news agency IPS.
- Tilman Brück was interviewed by the Frankfurter Rundschau with a reprint in Kölner Stadtanzeiger.
- Shannon Kile was quoted in an AFP article on the recent P5 +1 talks on Iran. He also commented on nuclear-powered submarines for Australian news and politics website Crikey.
- Hugh Griffiths commented in a Reuters article on the increase of trafficking across the Mediterranean as a result of conflicts in Syria and Libya. He was also interviewed by Finnish television on non-governmental arms supplies to the Syrian opposition.
- SIPRI North America Fellow Amy Nelson co-authored a post on the Washington Post blog, The Monkey Cage, on the non-proliferation agenda. In addition, her op-ed on chemical weapons control in Syria was published in the International Business Times.
- Mathieu Duchâtel was interviewed by Deutsche Welle on China's exports of small arms and light weapons (in Chinese).
- Hugh Griffiths gave an interview to Swedish Radio on arms supplies and humanitarian aid channeled to Syria by European Union citizens, and was also interviewed on methods and smuggling routes used to channel arms and ammunition to Syria. He was also quoted in Arms Control Today on the involvement of North Korean ships and aircraft in violations of United Nations sanctions.
- Pieter Wezeman discussed Chinese weapon exports in the International New York Times. The article led to follow-up stories in Deutsche Welle and Ria Novosti.
- Shannon Kile discussed the Geneva talks on the Iran nuclear programme with Radio Free Europe.
- Jakob Hallgren's comments on the Nobel Peace Prize winner for Swedish news agency TT were picked up by Sydsvenskan and Dagens Nyheter.
- Tilman Brück's comments on the Nobel Peace Prize winner for AFP were published in the Global Post, ABC Nyheter, Austrian radio programme FM4 and Die Welt.
- Bruce Koepke discussed Iranian–US cooperation on Radio France International. His recent SIPRI report on Iran's strategy in Afghanistan was reviewed in IPG Journal.
- Oliver Bräuner's comments on the China Turkey missile deal for Reuters were picked up by the South China Morning Post.