SIPRI in the media
A monthly selection of news articles, commentaries, podcasts and interviews featuring SIPRI experts.
- Pieter Wezeman spoke to France24 about arms transfers to Israel. He also spoke to the Tagesschau and information.dk on arms deliveries to northern Iraq, and appeared on the BBC World Service programme Newsday (from 6.00 onwards).
- Jaïr van der Lijn was quoted in a Kristeligt Dagblad article on Russia and the conflict in Ukraine, and spoke to Dutch Radio 1 about similar issues.
- Sam Perlo-Freeman, Aude Fleurant and Siemon Wezeman were interviewed by Deutsche Welle on the defence buildup in South East Asia.
- Mark Bromley and Oliver Bräuner were quoted in a Washington Post blog post on the challenges of arming Iraq's Kurds.
- SIPRI Director Ian Anthony discussed NATO and the conflict in Ukraine in the Neue Osnabrücker Zeitung. He also discussed NATO's strategic air power in the SETimes.
- Sam Perlo-Freeman participated in an extended interview with Deutsche Welle on armed conflicts worldwide (also translated into Spanish).
- Xenia Avezov was quoted in a Deutsche Welle piece on Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17.
- Shannon Kile spoke to Swedish Radio about nuclear testing.
- Tariq Rauf was quoted in a National Journal article on the proposed WMD-free zone in the Middle East.
- Siemon Wezeman was quoted in a Financial Times (paywalled) article on arms exports to Russia, and in a CNN piece on the arms embargo against Russia.
- An op-ed by Oliver Bräuner on China's non-interference policy was published in The Diplomat.