SIPRI in the media
A monthly selection of news articles, commentaries, podcasts and interviews featuring SIPRI experts.
- Oliver Bräuner was quoted in Bild (in German) on China's position on Ukraine.
- The SIPRI Expert Comment by Richard Ghiasy was reprinted in the Swedish Wire. Ghiasy also wrote articles on the same subject in Nikkei Asian ReviewGlobal Times.
- Sam Perlo-Freeman spoke to German radio programme Streitkräfte und Strategien on Polish armamentslisten to the audio online, mp3).
- Robert Kelley discussed the Iran nuclear programme in the International Business Times.
- Shannon Kile spoke about North Korea for Deutsche Welle.
- Siemon Wezeman was quoted on the Asian submarine race in Asian Correspondent.
- Aude Fleurant discussed Canada's military expenditure in the Ottawa Sun.
- Peter Clevestig's SIPRI Expert Comment on the Ebola outbreak was picked up by Ria Novosti.
- Rachel Irwin wrote an article on the Ebola outbreak for the European Leadership Network.
- Pieter Wezeman was quoted in Al Jazeera Inside Story, and in Deutsche Welle, on arms flows in the Middle East. He also spoke to Swedish magazine Omvärlden about controling Sweden's arms exports, and to Vice News about the current situation in northern Iraq.
- Shannon Kile was quoted extensively in a Deutsche Welle article on North Korea's nuclear capabilities.
- Neil Melvin wrote an opinion piece for Open Democracy on the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
- Jaïr van der Lijn was interviewed in the Hong Kong Economic Journal (in Chinese) about peace operations and the Nobel Peace Prize.
- Zhou Hang wrote an opinion piece for The Diplomat on China’s emergency relief to South Sudan. He also wrote an article on China’s expanding role in the South Sudanese civil war for the Jamestown Foundation's China Brief series.
- Oliver Bräuner wrote an article on China's maritime strategy in the East and South China Seas for Zeitschrift für Außen- und Sicherheitspolitik (in German).