SIPRI in the media
A monthly selection of news articles, commentaries, podcasts and interviews featuring SIPRI experts.
- Pieter Wezeman talks to IPS on arms purchases by the Gulf States.
- Siemon Wezeman comments on Viet Nam’s arms purchases to Bloomberg, published by Washington Post.
- Shannon Kile on nuclear weapons in Swedish Radio’s science programme Vetandets Värld and Vetenskap och miljö.
- Mathieu Dûchatel published an opinion article on Japan's China policy with Asialyst. He also contributed to an article on China in Die Welt.
- Bob Kelley gave Deutsche Welle an interview on the Iranian nuclear deal. He also talked to CTV News Channel on the same issue.
- Tariq Rauf talked about nuclear safeguards in Sri Lanka to the Sunday Times.
- The launch of the new SIPRI data on global military expenditure has been covered by more than 1700 media outlets worldwide. Contact SIPRI Communications Director Stephanie Blenckner for a complete report.
Mathieu Dûchatel comments on Chinese arms exports to South China Morning Post.
Siemon Wezeman comments on the MH 17 to Deutsche Welle.
Robert Kelley gives an interview to The Real News on the Iran nuclear agreement (video and transcript).
The latest SIPRI Expert Comment by Ekaterina Klimenko has been quoted in among others the German Badische Zeitung.