SIPRI in the media
A monthly selection of news articles, commentaries, podcasts and interviews featuring SIPRI experts.
- Pieter Wezeman spoke to the Wall Street Journal about armaments in the Middle East and the German defence industry.
- Robert Kelley spoke to the Trades Time Media about uranium in Myanmar.
- Siemon Wezeman was quoted by Bloomberg on Indian arms purchases from Israel, and to Die Welt about arms flows to Ukraine.
- Jaïr van der Lijn was interviewed by the Voice of America about his new study on United Nations peacekeeping operations.
- Siemon Wezeman commented on the United States' weapon exports to India in a Bloomberg article.
- Aude Fleurant spoke to La Presse about Canadian arms exports to Saudi Arabia.
- Ekaterina Klimenko discussed the new shipping route through the Arctic for Reuters. Her lecture on Russia's Arctic strategy was also covered by Kunskapskanalen (in Swedish).
- Pieter Wezeman discussed the implications of falling oil prices on military budgets in the Middle East for IPS, and the launch of SIPRI's arms industry data for Sky News Arabia.
- Zhou Hang commented on China's peacekeeping contribution to South Sudan in Phoenix Weekly(in Chinese).