World Military Spending and Transparency
The United Nations Office for Disarmament Affairs
The Stockholm International Peace Research Institute North America
with the sponsorship of the Permanent Mission of Japan to the United Nations
present a lunch-time discussion on
World Military Spending and Transparency: Recent Trends and the UN Report on Military Expenditures
Wendesday, 18 April 2012, 1:15pm - 2:30pm
Conference Room D, North Lawn Building
United Nations Headquarters, New York
- Presentation by SIPRI on its newest figures for global military expenditures.
- Presentation by UNODA on the annual UN reporting system on military expenditures, including which States have already reported, and how to submit a report.
- A hands-on session for disarmament diplomats and others interested.
- Ambassador Kazuo Kodama, Deputy Permanent Representative ofJapan to the United Nations
- Dr. Chantal de Jonge Oudraat, Executive Director, SIPRI North America
- Dr. Sam Perlo-Freeman: Head, Military Expenditure Project, SIPRI
- Mr. Daniël Prins: UN Office for Disarmament Affairs
- Mr. Tom Kono: UN Office for Disarmament Affairs
*Light lunch and refreshments kindly provided by the Permanent Mission of Japan
For further information please contact Ms. Elsie Haregwein, email@example.com
For more information on the SIPRI Military Expenditure Program, please click here.