Call for papers: 17th Annual International Conference on Economics and Security
Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) is pleased to announce that the 17th Annual International Conference on Economics and Security will be held at SIPRI in Stockholm, Sweden, on 14–15 June 2013. The conference is co-organized by SIPRI and Economists for Peace and Security.
If you would like to present a paper, please send a title and an abstract of fewer than 300 words before 1 April 2013, to Sam Perlo-Freeman, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The conference programme will include research papers selected based on the call for proposals. The conference will have a mix of plenary sessions and parallel workshop streams on particular research areas. Some of these sessions will seek to bring together SIPRI researchers and conference participants on issues related to SIPRI’s areas of research.
Proposed topics include:
- Regional security
- Revolutions and political transition in the Middle East and North Africa
- Economics of security
- Globalization, inequality and conflict
- Militarism and development
- Economics of gender and security
- Natural resources, conflict and militarization
- Military expenditure and military budgeting
- Security sector reform
- Economics of conflict and war
- Economics of post-conflict reconstruction and peacebuilding
- Economics of arms procurement, trade, offsets and corruption
- Measurement of peace, security and conflict
- Arms races and alliances
- Peace science
- Conversion and demilitarization
- Economics of terrorism
Offers of papers on other related topics will also be welcomed.
For more information contact Sam Perlo-Freeman, email@example.com