Facts on International Relations and Security Trends
The FIRST system offers researchers, politicians and the media an authoritative and structured factual reference system on international relations and security trends. It contains high-quality, up-to-date and clearly documented information in areas such as:
- conflicts, arms transfers and military expenditure
- hard facts on states and international organizations
- economic and social statistics
The system allows the user to search through more than 40 databases from different institutes around the world
through a single user-friendly interface.
The Internet has become a major source of information in political science, international relations and international security. As an attempt to facilitate the use of the Internet for research purposes, ISN (International Relations and Security Network) and SIPRI have established the Facts on International Relations and Security Trends (FIRST) project. Other partners and cooperating institutes include:
- CEIP (Carnegie Endowment for International Peace)
- ICG (International Crisis Group)
- IDEA (International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance)
- IPU (Inter-Parliamentary Union)
- TI (Tranparency International)
- UNSD (United Nations Statistics Division)
- World Bank (World Bank Group)
A complete list of all our partners and cooperating institutes can be found on the FIRST system.